Russian lessons: one-to-one or in small groups
- Lessons for beginners: grasp the flavour of a new and challenging language from scratch, in a fun and memorable way
- Intermediate & Advanced: enrich your vocabulary, hone your grammar, and improve pronunciation
- Extra-fluent: discussion groups, focusing on topical issues and contemporary life, as well as literature, history, culture and travel
- Strong emphasis on conversation, speaking & listening through engaging activities, games and role-play
Russian courses & summer schools
We organise and teach Russian courses and summer schools in Cambridge and online, together with a team of highly professional, very experienced and enthusiastic native-speaking teachers.
A Typical Residential Summer School in Cambridge:
- Runs over five days.
- 20 hours of language tuition in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- Plus 5 hours of extra-curricular activities.
- 5 levels – from Absolute Beginners to Fluent, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
Extra-curricular programme will include talks by invited speakers, a walking tour of Cambridge, games, songs, poetry and music, a screening of a film and, finally, a concert – to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm and stimulating atmosphere.
Previous Summer Schools:
Cambridge Russian and Ukrainian Summer School 2022
Cambridge Russian Summer School 2021
Cambridge Russian Summer School 2019
Cambridge Russian Summer School 2018
Cambridge Russian Summer School 2017
Cambridge Russian Summer School 2016
Online Russian courses: Read more >>
Recent online Russian course (2021): Read more >>