Residential Russian and Ukrainian Summer School in Cambridge: August 2023
Monday 7th August – Friday 11th August 2023
BEGINNERS (OR NEAR-BEGINNERS) OF UKRAINIAN are invited to take part. Students of ANY LEVEL OF RUSSIAN are most welcome, from beginners to fluent!
PARTICIPANTS: We warmly welcome anyone aged 15+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Ukrainian or Russian history, politics, literature or art. There is no upper age limit!
- A wonderful opportunity to combine learning with leisure and pleasure, meet like-minded people, and enjoy the ambience of an authentic Cambridge college.
- Develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing in a fun and creative way. Brush up your grammar, immerse in conversation, improve pronunciation, and take delight in Russian or Ukrainian literature!
Scroll down to read TESTIMONIALS from previous attendees.
This year’s timetable and other details for participants are available here.
- 20 hours of tuition with experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun-loving native-speaking tutors.
- A rich extra-curricular programme.
- Streaming according to students’ levels. Small groups.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play, debates and discussions.
- Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £390
- En-suite room & full board = £720 (Sunday evening meal is included in the residential fee.)
15% discount for students under 25 in full-time education:
- Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £312 (discounted)
- En-suite room & full board = £648 (discounted)
The fee includes a £100 non-refundable deposit. At this late stage, we would like to ask you to pay the full fee as soon as possible to the account specified on the enrolment form (by direct bank tranfer).
- Please fill in the online enrolment form, and pay the full fee to the account specified on the form.
- Places are allocated on the first come, first served basis, so please complete the enrolment process as soon as possible, to guarantee your place on the course.
- WITH ANY QUERIES please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)781 510 1481 (Tanya).
“I really do think that it was great. It has improved my Russian a lot and now I feel much more confident starting my A-levels after having stopped lessons due to Coronavirus. I really enjoyed the evening activities and it was great to meet so many like-minded people.” (HN, 2020)
“It was all wonderful. Fun, lively, fascinating, motivating. Thank you so much.” (MM, 2019)
“The teachers are superb, helpful, encouraging and making the learning fun.” (VB, 2019)
“Thank you for a fantastic week! It was my first time attending the course, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. […] The teachers were all lovely – very encouraging and patient with those of us beginning our Russian journey.” (JC, 2019)
“I hope I shall be able to participate in the next year’s programme because of its high standard and friendliness.” (NK, 2020)
“It really helped boost my confidence […]. I now feel ready to tackle my oncoming Russian A-Level this year. Спасибо! ” (HC, 2017)
“It was a very enjoyable and stimulating experience. Immersion of intensive course worked out perfectly. By the last two days, I was speaking Russian to my friend, answering the phone in Russian, and even dreaming in Russian!” (CB, 2018)